Accessibility for teams
This is a starter guide for teams about delivering accessible websites. Each person on your team has their own responsibilities, this guide tells you what everybody needs to do.
Why accessibility is important
- Accessibility improves user experience for disabled people, older people, and people who use older devices.
- At some point in their life, everyone will experience a (temporary) disability.
- Accessibility is a legal requirement in many countries.
- At least 15% of the world’s population has a recognized disability . Accessibility opens up your services to this market.
Books about accessibility
- Accessibility for everyone by Laura Kalbag
- Mismatch by Kat Holmes
- A web for everyone by Sarah Horton and Whitney Quesenbery
- Including your missing 20% by embedding web and mobile accessibility by Professor Jonathan Hassell
- Color accessibility workflows by Geri Coady
- Inclusive Components by Heydon Pickering